Friday, May 31, 2013

The Grand Entrance


It all started when Jeff and I were goofing off that night by registering Gmail account(s) for Stanley. Jeff sent out an email from his account that said:

Hi mom and dad.  

See you soon!

Stan

I got the email at 11:30 p.m. and laughed so hard that my water broke...That set off Stanley's grand entrance to the world that began with a splash!

Apparently I was among the 8% of women whose water would break prior to the onset of labor. And I think our health educator from the labor and delivery class lied about "...usually watering breaking is not as dramatic as you see in the movie...it is usually a small gush of water...not like flooding...". I believe in my situation, it was quite dramatic. BTW, here are a few of my favoriate movie clips regarding the subject, for good measure (Here, here and here).

We got to the hospital at 11:45 p.m. The labor lasted a good 20+ hours while the delivery was only 6 minutes. I guess once I was ready, Stanley couldn't wait to see the world...He came out before my OB showed up. 

Stanley Michael Phillips was born 7 pounds 1 oz, 20 inches at 8:05 p.m. on Friday, May 31, 2013. 

And here the story begins.... 

P.S. Stanley peed on mommy the moment he came to the world (I guess he really really had to go to the bathroom after 10 months)


Life outside the womb was as dramatic as he imagined...










No comments:

Post a Comment